A place to visit an often bored mind.

Friday, September 02, 2005

New Do's

Yeah, so I already said how I suck at keeping up with this blog thing, right? Just to reiterate, the obvious, I'll say it again....I suck at keeping up with this.

So what's new in my life? Well, let's see...A lot, but of interest to you? I have no idea. Kids started school, that was interesting, but glitches seem to be worked out now. I finally finished my paranormal novella that should have been finished like a month ago. *yeah, something new*. I'm still waiting on edits for my Cerridwen release. Bouncing around with new ideas.

But I have a new 'do'. For those that met me, or have seen pictures, I have, or rather had really long hair. Not just long, but LONG. Down-to-my-rear long, strangle-myself long. However, there is a downside to having really long hair, in case anyone was curious. That's right. You get headaches all the time. If I ever wore my hair up in any way, shape or form, I got a killer headache. Well, those I learned to live with. But the hair loss was another issue. I can do short and thick. Long and bald? No thank you. So I bought mags and looked at the 'new' do's. I'm sorry, but there are just some ugly women out there that make matters worse by getting some sort of funked hair cut that's totally lopsided and they think it's cool. I'll just let them live in their own delusions. Why burst their bubble, ya know? But I realized I'm more a classic than a feminist hair style type of person, or rather a follower of the 'grunge/short/electrical socket' sect. I know, I'm horribly antiquated.

So the stylist who has trimmed by long locks before figured it was the same or I'd cut some off. No sirree. I chopped it off to my shoulders in a sort of layered bob. (I felt you all really needed to know, just for information sake.) Easy, simple, no real hassle. And the long strangs got donated to Locks of Love. I figure some little girl is really happy she can have a wig in her color of hair, or close to it. Why waste it, ya know?

Yeah, so I pick up my four-year-old from PreK. He noticed about half an hour later and said, "Wow, Momma. You cut yewr hair!" In a completely affronted male voice. I asked if he liked it. He looked at me for a minute and said, "I guess so. But don't worry, Momma, it'll grow long again and then you'll be beautifuler again." What can you do but laugh? My six-year-old? I don't know that he ever noticed, but then he's still traumatized over the fact he MUST go to school when he's board out of his mind. He was concerned that if I cut all my hair off he wouldn't 'know' me when I picked him up from school. Husband on the other hand just kept looking, shaking his head and sighing. I said, "Don't worry. I'm told it'll grow long again and then I'll be beautifuler again." He did say it was sexy, but he misses my long hair for reasons I won't share. ;)

Men! I think it's a gene on their XY chromosomal make-up. Doesn't matter if their four or thirty. What is it with males and long hair? Really? Does it go back to ancient times that hair is somehow 'theirs'? *shaking head* whatever. lol.

So now I'm headache free and trying to figure out how the hell to use this brush thing without killing myself or tangling it and ripping what is left of my hair out. The things we do to look good.

Which reminds me. I'm back to using the hoola hoop from hell. :)

Hugs,
Jaycee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home