A place to visit an often bored mind.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I Don't Have Time for My Muse...

To clean or not to clean...
That is the question. I need to. I spent all last week doing last minute edits. OKay, with me, I tweak, and tweak and then think... OH, I could fix this. I'm NEVER done. BUT, BURIED SINS is now winging its way to my agent. I hope she likes this version. Guess we'll see.

I spent the weekend at Amarillo--WONDERFUL writer's conference. If any of you ever have a chance to participate in the Panhandle Professional Writer's Conference, I'd strongly urge you to do so. They are just FABULOUS! You can find them at www.panhandleprowriter.org Great group of people. So much so, I joined the group and plan to attend every year.

So now I'm scrambling to catch up. DEADLY TIES and the GHOST CATS Anthology was released in PRINT while I was up in the panhandle. Thanks to Mandy Roth I found out and she's such a sweetheart, she announced it for me. I just today got it put up on my site. Hey, better late than never. I hope to get bookmarks with all the deadly covers ordered sometime this week.

I MUST thank several people here: Gail, Syd, Jackie, Cindy, Amelia and Dobby! If not for these fine ladies, I would not have questioned what I did on the last book and fixed it--or hopefully fixed it. They're cruel vicious women who bar no punches and let me know what I did wrong or what was needed. Thanks ladies.

What else? hmmm.. aren't you glad you decided to stop in and read a bunch of nothings? I'm currently trying to decide what the climax will be for REVENGE II that will be out in October. I have the characters, but I'm stuck on the peak.

I'm so happy to be done with one round of edits, but I need to clean up DEADLY GAMES for print either today or tomorrow. So, hey, if you noticed anything, feel free to let me know in the next couple of days since that's what I will be working on. I'd rather be writing somethign NEW but alas, doesn't always happen. And it's so THERE! Yep.

Today my muse taunts with ideas and snippets,
Alas I can't listen, I have to do edits,
There's laundry and dishes awaiting me too
Perhaps I'll get lucky, but tomorrow she'll snooze.
Witch.

Y'all have a GREAT day and if I think of something else to tell you, I'll hop over and let you know.

Hugs,
Jaycee

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaycee said...

You woulnd't be able to make sense out of my napkin scribbles...or even my postit scribbles....or note cards. Heck, even *I* can't make sense out of them half the time. But Thank you, sweetie!

J

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home