A place to visit an often bored mind.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

I should check my blog more often...

I was tagged!

Breezy tagged me weeks ago and if I updated my blog more often, I might KNOW this. J I should really be writing, but hey, everyone needs a break.

Total number of books I own: Oh Good Lord! I don’t have a clue. There are my personal reads, my TBR pile, the books on my PC, all my reference books, literature books, poetry, all the kids books. LOL. I have way too many books to ever sit down and count them. The kids have three book shelves, I have four, and then there are the piles of books under the bed. Too many? Not enough? I admit it, I’m a bibliophile.

Last book I bought: Corduroy for my son and his friend for gifts. The Black Rose by Nora Roberts (it’s off limits until I get done with rewrites. J ) And a mystery trio from the UBS.


Last book(s) I read: Bait by Karen Robards. I read it in the car on the way to New Mexico. Other than that, it’s my reference books on Crime, Forensic Crime, and a couple of Fantasy, Celtic Legend Reference books. :)

Five books that mean a lot to me: Five? Only Five? Jeesh. Do they have to be MY books?

Well, off the top of my head, I’d have to say my grandmother’s family Bible. It’s old and full of family facts and history, but it’s not mine, so I guess it doesn’t count.

But if the five have to be on my bookshelf, I’d have to say:

Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts because it was the first Contemporary Romantic Suspense I’d read and turned me onto the entire genre.

My Evonovich books because rarely do I read comedy or even laugh in books, but her Stephanie Plum Books always leave me with a smile. J

Oh the Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss. It says a lot about life and sometimes I think we could reread it and learn how not to whine or to get our butts in gear and make something happen instead of waiting for something to happen to us.

The Life of Frederick Douglas. What can I say? It was haunting and stuck with me. Sort of like Achebe’s: Things Fall Apart.

And though I don’t have a copy, The Poisonwood Bible. I loved the theme of how perception changes absolutely everything in the exact same situation.

I know that’s more than five, but really, only FIVE?

Tag 5 people to do this:I'll tag

Mandy
Michelle
Sydney
Monica
Gail D.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monica Burns said...

Hi Jaycee!

Oh the Places You Will Go is the ONLY Dr. Seuss book I like, and I don't just like it, I LOVE it!! It's a wonderful book. So inspirational and I bought one for my youngest when she was born. I read it to her when I can get her to sit still! LOL

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home