A place to visit an often bored mind.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

2005

Happy New Year one and all. Got to love New Year's.

Today, I find myself looking back over last year, one I suppose because we're 'supposed' to, and two I just returned from a funeral. Makes one look at life and question, rearrange, prioritize. Today is the day to make resolutions and the beginning of an entire year to see if we can meet them or if we're going to break them. Does it count as meeting if we meet them the first half of the year, then slack off the second half?

Well, for my resolutions, I have three. Basically.

1. Remember what's really important. Too often we get bogged down in jobs, deadlines, bills, schedules to remember that this is life and we should enjoy it!

2. Overcome procrastination. (Hey, I can be hopeful.) Be it organizing my office, writing the next book, or updating my website, putting off doesn't make things easier, usually harder. Deadlines loom, and the the procrastination monster, lurking in the corner, laughs because he knows blood pressure skyrockets as I scramble to find...write...or get something done I should have already accomplished.

3. Lose those extra 5 (okay, ten) pounds. Seems almost Cliché to mention it, but really, what kind of woman would I be if I didn't list this as one of my New Year's Resolutions? Plus I figure this also covers the 'health, get in shape, eat better' canopy.

I do believe that's it. I'll keep it simple. Now I wonder how long it will take me to remember to write '05 on my checks instead of '04. :)

Happy New Year one and all. May 2005 shower all with blessings!

~JC