A place to visit an often bored mind.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day

Valentines. Who in their right mind invented this commercialized holiday? Wait, I know, if you visit historychannel.com, you can read all about the varying legends surrounding this holiday. Personally I like the version #2, which was based on the pagan holiday for Lupercalia, secret meetings, blood, lottery wives. I mean, really it's the more interesting, don't you think? http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/valentine/?page=history1

So I'm wondering, if Bah-humbug has become the anti-thesis of Merry Christmas, what is the polar opposite of "Happy Valentine's Day?" F* off? lol Well, that's my idea anyway, but that's just me and my warped mind, so who the hell knows.
Jaycee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home