A place to visit an often bored mind.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday's Thought

Another Friday, thank goodness. I really hate Mondays, but today I feel like I actually accomplished something. If you can count fixing this myspace account the way I think I want it as something. Then again, I'll probably change it next week. But for now, I feel like I've done something.

Writing is going well, I suppose. Deadlines are biting at my heels and I know next week they'll be biting me in the ass. Woowwhhhoooo. Yes, i love to be stressed out. You should see me. I don't need shoulder pads--I have knots the size of gooseggs in my shoulders. OH well, at least no ulcers,right?

This morning I was grabbing a coffee at my local haunt when I spied an acquaintence and her sister. We were talking about dieting, calories, all the sinful goodies in the coffeeshop and our nil-to-nothing will power against such goodies, no matter the calories. Well, one sister claimed she was doing good until the other sister decided on this decatant pecan glaze pastry and offered to share. Which brought up my philosophical thought for the day:

We're taught to share, to be kind, to give others food. However, we're also taught not to tempt. Soooo if your best friend or sister is dieting and you, out of the goodness of your heart share the delicious death by chocolate cake, or the Italian lemon cheese cake, or the pecan glazed pastry with them, is it bad? I mean you tempted them from their path, didn't you? Silently relishing in the fact that they too are swallowing those sinful calories. So is it a good thing to share in such cases? Or not?

Personally, if I have a box of Godiva chocolates, my sister, best friend, or any other friend, better just think again. Cause, dieting or not, those babies are MINE!

And I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!
Jaycee
www.jayceeclark.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Diet. I hate that word.

Yet, I've got 20 pounds to lose so I'm on a dreadful *diet*.

*sob*

Cindy
www.genesispromotions.com

1:05 PM  
Blogger mandymroth said...

Don't think on a Friday. It makes me feel stupid (er).

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home