A place to visit an often bored mind.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

House cleaning vs. My Mother's house cleaning


I just cleaned my house, or thought I did on Tuesday evening. Cleaned the kitchen, swept, mopped, cleaned the bathrooms, did most of the laundry.

However, yesterday my mother decides to 'surprise me' and really clean my house.

Does anyone else ever feel like they are in an 'Everybody Loves Raymond' Episode?

I'm not a neat freak. My mother on the other hand is. I don't mind things on my countertops and I tend to 'organize' by piles. This is nothing new.

I can't find a blasted thing!!!! *sigh* However, my countertops and the few appliances left on top (only because there was no place left for them to go) sparkle. My piles---I'm still looking for those.

We leave on vacation tomorrow and now I'm repiling piles so that I know what I need to take, to pack, to leave.

I'm smiling. Just keep smiling. Just keep smiling, smiling, smiling.......

Jaycee

2 Comments:

Blogger mandymroth said...

It is a non-stop replay of Raymond around here. My mom loves to 'help'. I've also noticed that my version of clean has changed since I started writing. Two years ago, clean for me was something the ARmy would be proud of. Clean today is the dishes washed but still in dishwasher, the laundry half done so one can at least pole-vault to washing machine over dirty clothes, the bedroom doors shut because I don't even want to know what is living in there, and me showered. Yeah. My goal post is all but gone.

LOL

4:16 AM  
Blogger Jaycee said...

Our mothers will forever dispair! Your laundry room sounds like mine. :)

jaycee

word verification: anely

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home